The Montana Association of Geographic Professionals (MAGIP) biannually presents two awards. The Distinguished Service Award is presented for long-term service and leadership to the Montana GIS community and the GIS profession. The GIS Professional Livability Award recognizes an individual's measurable contribution to the application of GIS, thus improving the quality of life within their community.
The awards will be presented at the Big Sky GeoCon dinner on Wednesday, April 6, 2022 in Missoula.
Click Here to submit your nomination!
The deadline for submission is February 22, 2022.
If you plan to submit multiple nominations, please create a separate submission for each. Each nomination requires a one-page letter of nomination, two references who also support the nomination, and any supporting documentation.
On behalf of MAGIP Awards Committee, we look forward to hearing from you!
Applicants for the Distinguished Service Award must:
- Have substantial years of service (10+) in or supporting the Montana GIS Community and a desire to continue to serve
- Displays exemplary accomplishments as a GIS Professional, selfless service to the profession and participation in committees, workgroups, and organizations that support the Montana geospatial community
- Has an impact within and / or external to the realm of the member's workplace
- Undertakes and leads activities that benefit the GIS Community outside of regular job responsibilities
- Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness and creativity and is willing to seek out and pursue new challenges that benefit the Montana GIS Profession
- Acknowledged by his / her peers for leadership and substantial service to the profession and community
Applicants for the Livability Award must:
- Demonstrate a measurable contribution to the education, communication, coordination, and application of GIS technologies that have been a major influence to the growth and use of GIS in creating a more livable community
- Express exemplary dedication with focus to the development and implementation of GIS technologies which enhance individual and community life and promote the efficient use of community resources
- Acknowledged by his \ her peers for perseverance with belief and purpose; tasking themselves with the growth, as well as the challenges of GIS development for them and for their neighbor...sometimes in the face of discouragement
Questions? Contact Phoebe Ferguson, 2022 Conference Liaison